• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Android Compiling Problem(Gamemaker Studio 2 Version 2.2.1)

Hey everyone! After the new update I can no longer compile for YYC in android. I have been trying to find the root of the issue with no avail. It seems that there is a swap of directories because I am having the "droid" directory pointing to "Y:\\" rather than c. I'll be leavng the compiling message for those interested in seeing the whole directory.

Writing Chunk... AUDO ClangExeLocation=C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe Using NDKDir = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b Using PlatformDir = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b\platforms\android-27 Using ARMToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64 Using X86ToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b\toolchains\x86-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64 Using ARM64ToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b\toolchains\aarch64-linux-android-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64 Using X86_64ToolChain = C:\Program Files\Android\android-ndk-r16b\toolchains\x86_64-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64 saving file Y:/hacker_exe_B39E8CE_YYC\hacker_exe.droid 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Stats : GMA : Elapsed=98754.1758 Stats : GMA : sp=393,au=96,bk=0,pt=54,sc=135,sh=4,fo=21,tl=0,ob=430,ro=62,da=0,ex=5,ma=350,fm=0xE0C8B39D6FFF2EB1 X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Have you tried putting all of the NDK, and tools in a folder that is not inside "Program Files", and is a folder without a space in the folder name? It looks to me like the error is being caused by the space in "Program Files" folder name, and it is only reading the folder as "C:\Program".

G

@Nocturne There's like two of these a day. Maybe get someone's grandma and sit there and watch her go through the Android setup instructions? Maybe add links to the SDK/JDK/NDK downloads list as well; perhaps you can't do direct links, but point people to the right pages. Also remove the outdated reference to the command line SDK manager, or, even better if legal, build this stuff into GMS2. I've seen another Android-app-building tool do this, with included EULAs for each piece as needed.

Pain for YYG? Sure. $400? YYG set its own bar.

Genetix

I appreciate the steps by Nocturne for fixing the issue - However after doing so GMS2 tells me when attempting to sweep the cache that the cache is locked and can't be cleaned. This is on Windows 10 and happens even after rebooting the computer and making sure no files are open anywhere. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas to resolve it?

Have you tried putting all of the NDK, and tools in a folder that is not inside "Program Files", and is a folder without a space in the folder name? It looks to me like the error is being caused by the space in "Program Files" folder name, and it is only reading the folder as "C:\Program".
I will be trying this out, I am not sure what caused this issue since it never occured to me before. I don't know if I should file this as a bug or if there is something wrong with my directories...

@Nocturne There's like two of these a day. Maybe get someone's grandma and sit there and watch her go through the Android setup instructions? Maybe add links to the SDK/JDK/NDK downloads list as well; perhaps you can't do direct links, but point people to the right pages. Also remove the outdated reference to the command line SDK manager, or, even better if legal, build this stuff into GMS2. I've seen another Android-app-building tool do this, with included EULAs for each piece as needed.

Pain for YYG? Sure. $400? YYG set its own bar.
I am lost. Did I miss anything?