• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android compile error - global tap event is the cause

I

it9999

Problem:
I been trying to build for android using yyc and I keep getting this error

Compile errors:
Object: obj_ibisflight Event: Global Tap at line 1 : Fatal Error while compiling gml_Object_obj_ibisflight_Gesture_64 - bailing details below

Output:
collapsing enums.
Error : gml_Object_obj_ibisflight_Gesture_64(0) : Fatal Error while compiling gml_Object_obj_ibisflight_Gesture_64 - bailing details below
Final Compile...System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GMAssetCompiler.GML2CPP.(StringBuilder , CPPVarRef )
at GMAssetCompiler.GML2CPP.(StringBuilder , List`1 , Boolean )
at GMAssetCompiler.GML2CPP.(GMLToken )
at GMAssetCompiler.GML2CPP.(GMAssets , )
finished.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=292.0844
Stats : GMA : sp=20,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=2,tl=0,ob=14,ro=5,da=0,ex=0,ma=20,fm=0xA00468E00020

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:01.4796101s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Iain\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Android Package started at 08/15/2020 01:42:59
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0279009s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 08/15/2020 01:43:00
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0229385s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 08/15/2020 01:43:00
"cmd" /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0239363s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 08/15/2020 01:43:00
FAILED: Package Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.

Global tap code:
GML:
if global.gamestate = "title"{
    global.gamestate = "play"

obj_game.alarm[0]=120;
    with(obj_title){
        instance_destroy()
    }
    gravity = global.gravity;

}
if y < room_height-64&&y > 128 && global.gamestate = "play"{

vspeed = global.flap;
    facing = 10;
    alarm[0] = 20;
}
Other comments:
I am new to mobile development and im seeking out for help to identify the mistake so I can avoid it in future

curato

usually I just use global left released under global mouse events and it works fine on mobile. I would think all the guesture events should work fine though they are mainly for mobile apps anyways. That could be an easy work around if there is a legit bug in the engine somewhere, but more likely the solution would be to double check your sdk's for mobile. Usually when I get a compile error like that it usually something wrong there. https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/227860547-GMS2-Required-SDKs

rytan451

YYC is a tiny bit more finicky than the VM compile option. For example, it sometimes complains if you use a single equals to compare equality, rather than using two equals. It can also sometimes complain if you forget semicolons. If you fixed those problems (I can see them on lines 1, 2, 6, and 12), then that might fix your compile error.

(Note: I might be completely wrong on this. I don't have much experience compiling on YYC, nor do I have any experience compiling for mobile. I'm only passing on what I've read on this forum a long time ago)

I

it9999

I tried to build for the android VM and this came up

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not create an instance of type org.gradle.initialization.DefaultSettings_Decorated.
> Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https help gradle org

BUILD FAILED in 0s

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE (1)
C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe /d V:

C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe DONE (0)
Error : Build Failed
Igor complete.