• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Android Compile error: exited with non-zero status (2)

H

Hampej

Hello! :) Recently bought game maker studio 2 mobile and have converted one of my mobile games from 1.4 to gms2. Now when compiling yyc for android i get the message:
Error : Android MIPS ToolChain directory "" does not exist.
I get this message both from compiling on my mac and om my pc. I have tried alot of combinations of SDK, NDK and JDK and none of them seems to work eater on pc or mac. However when i compile in VM everything works. Does anyone have a clue to what can cause this problem? I have tried with new projects om both machines.

Also sometimes when compiling on mac i get the error: /Liberary/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Comands/mono exited with non-zero status (2)
What can cause that?

Im running latest gms2 (v2.2.9.343) with Runtime v2.2.0.258.

any help is very appreciated.

Thanks alot! //Hampus

H

Hampej

Okey seems like i have some progress. When installing older NDK (r15c) the first problem is solved.
Now on windows i get this message: X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (2)
On mac i still get same error: error: /Liberary/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Comands/mono exited with non-zero status (2)

They seem similar?

H

Hampej

Still trying things out. Seems like i cant build when the architecture Armv5 or Mips is selected. Armv7 and x86 works fine with yyc.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Don't bother with Armv5 and Mips, they're practically dead. These days, a 95%+ majority of Android devices run Armv7 (source).

H

Hampej

Well its working by compiling then installing via dropbox. but not while debugging. then gms says it need the ARMv5 to work. Is this a bug or have i done something wrong? Been trying for like 8h and its still not working.