• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android can't compile or test (execution failed)

W

WWAZman

I am trying to convert my simple Fan game up to GMS 2 so I can upload it to Google Play in time for the Aug 1 deadline.. upon trying to test it I get the following (truncated) errors (6 of them) and I have no idea what it means or what to do. Also of note, it happens no matter if I am in VM mode or YYC... :

:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac - is not incremental (e.g. outputs have changed, no previous execution, etc.).
W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:509: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( mySaveGameByteArray, 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, LastGSId );
^
required: byte[],byte[],int,int
found: byte[],int,int
reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:514: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( null, 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, LastGSId );
^
found: <null>,int,int
W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:533: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( mySaveGameByteArray, 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, LastGSId );
^
W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:537: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
^
W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:645: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( s.getBytes(), 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, fid );
^
found: byte[],int,Integer
W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:657: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( null, 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, fid );
^
found: <null>,int,Integer
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: W:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\RunnerBilling.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
6 errors
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 7.401 secs

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE (1)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe /d W:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe DONE (0)
Error : Build Failed
Igor complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
First question is, what are your SDK settings? You should be targeting API 28... and if you have any extensions (which ones if you do?), then the min SDK probably needs to be at least 16.

W

WWAZman

I have it set to default from last time - 3 years ago.. I'm just updating the sdk now (which is mostly current actually, only missing update 6 to sdk 28) .. will check api settings, but those have mostly been a mystery to me.

ok, nope.. here is the error I get after setting api's to requested settings:

:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugRenderscript
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugBuildConfig
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugResValues
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugResources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:mergeDebugResources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:processDebugManifest
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml:62:1-176 Warning:
Element activity#com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity at AndroidManifest.xml:62:1-176 duplicated with element declared at AndroidManifest.xml:50:2-177
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml:32:3-99:17 Warning:
application@android:label was tagged at AndroidManifest.xml:32 to replace other declarations but no other declaration present
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml:33:5-42:16 Warning:
activity#com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan.RunnerActivity@android:label was tagged at AndroidManifest.xml:33 to replace other declarations but no other declaration present
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:processDebugResources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugSources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:incrementalDebugJavaCompilationSafeguard
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac - is not incremental (e.g. outputs have changed, no previous execution, etc.).
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:509: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:514: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:533: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:537: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:645: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( s.getBytes(), 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, fid );
^
found: byte[],int,Integer
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:657: error: method CloudResultData in class RunnerJNILib cannot be applied to given types;
RunnerJNILib.CloudResultData( null, 0/*STATUS_NEW_GAME_DATA*/, fid );
^
found: <null>,int,Integer
Note: U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\RunnerBilling.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
6 errors

* What went wrong:

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 22.655 secs
Execution failed for task ':com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe /d U:

Igor complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WWAZman

oh yeah I have the expatchdevicevibrate and the older googleplayservicesextension from 1.4

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, you'll want to remove those extensions and use the GMS2 updated ones. Not sure what the "expatchdevicevibrate" extension is, but if it's for device rumble, then you'll probably need to find an updated one on the MP as (due to licenceing issues) GMS2 doesn't have any.

W

WWAZman

ok, removed the extinct extension for googleplay, replaced it with the one in Game Options, left the "expatch" because it is the haptic feedback extension.. and is supposed to be working? .. will try it in a moment without it, but am getting these errors:

Code:
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugRenderscript UP-TO-DATE
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugResValues UP-TO-DATE
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugResources UP-TO-DATE
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:mergeDebugResources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:processDebugManifest
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml:32:3-91:17 Warning:
    application@android:label was tagged at AndroidManifest.xml:32 to replace other declarations but no other declaration present
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml:33:5-42:16 Warning:
    activity#com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan.RunnerActivity@android:label was tagged at AndroidManifest.xml:33 to replace other declarations but no other declaration present
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:processDebugResources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:generateDebugSources
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:incrementalDebugJavaCompilationSafeguard
:com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan:compileDebugJavaWithJavac
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:4: error: package com.google.android.gms.gcm does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.gcm.GoogleCloudMessaging;
                                 ^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmPush.java:15: error: package com.google.android.gms.gcm does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.gcm.GoogleCloudMessaging;
                                 ^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmPush.java:62: error: cannot find symbol
    private GoogleCloudMessaging mGcm;
            ^
  symbol:   class GoogleCloudMessaging
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:57: error: cannot find symbol
        GoogleCloudMessaging gcm = GoogleCloudMessaging.getInstance(this);
        ^
  symbol:   class GoogleCloudMessaging
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:57: error: cannot find symbol
        GoogleCloudMessaging gcm = GoogleCloudMessaging.getInstance(this);
                                   ^
  symbol:   variable GoogleCloudMessaging
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:73: error: package GoogleCloudMessaging does not exist
            if (GoogleCloudMessaging.MESSAGE_TYPE_SEND_ERROR.equals(messageType)) {
                                    ^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:76: error: package GoogleCloudMessaging does not exist
            } else if (GoogleCloudMessaging.MESSAGE_TYPE_DELETED.equals(messageType)) {
                                           ^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:80: error: package GoogleCloudMessaging does not exist
            } else if (GoogleCloudMessaging.MESSAGE_TYPE_MESSAGE.equals(messageType)) {
                                           ^
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmIntentService.java:141: error: cannot find symbol
                        GooglePlayServicesExtension.QueuePushNotification(json, GcmPush.PUSH_EVENT_REMOTE, true );
                                                   ^
  symbol:   method QueuePushNotification(String,int,boolean)
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\GcmPush.java:82: error: cannot find symbol
                mGcm = GoogleCloudMessaging.getInstance(mContext);
                       ^
  symbol:   variable GoogleCloudMessaging
U:\com.BlinkinStudios.My_Fan\src\main\java\com\BlinkinStudios\My_Fan\PushLocalAlarmReceiver.java:40: error: cannot find symbol
                    GooglePlayServicesExtension.QueuePushNotification(msgData, GcmPush.PUSH_EVENT_LOCAL, true );
                                               ^
  symbol:   method QueuePushNotification(String,int,boolean)
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
11 errors

* What went wrong:

* Try:

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 31.37 secs

C:\WINDOWS\system32\subst.exe /d U:

Igor complete.

W

WWAZman

.... I never used push notifications or cloud anything? Why is this broken? (the game file) .. I found another blank gms2 version without hardly anything in it.. it compiles and runs.. but I'm not wishing to have to remake *EVERY* game I have (Especially not my biggest.. I'd rather pun a knife to my throat) .. is this purely an extension problem or something deeper?
Thanks in advance.

oh ps, in the blank one the game compiles with the default (new) Google Play services extension and the haptic extension.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hmmm... In your 1.4 project, make sure you haven't got push notifications enabled (even if you're not using them) before exporting it as a GMZ for importing into GMS2. Interesting that the haptic extension exports fine....

pipebkOT

after updating the extension? cuz i'm pretty sure that these "java:82: error: cannot find symbol" are from not cleaning the cache after updating extensions

oh ps, in the blank one the game compiles with the default (new) Google Play services extension and the haptic extension
that's why new projects compiles fine, cuz they don't have cache stored.

W

WWAZman

correction... one app is now working sans Google play extension, and with the haptic extension

pipebkOT

ah , also, to use the lastest google play extension 3.1.4 you need to have the lastest gms2 and runner.

! Please opt-in to the Beta Channel to get IDE v2.2.3.437 and Runtime v2.2.3.345 and update to v3.1.4 to fix issues when building v3.1.3 of this asset - https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...ting-Into-The-GameMaker-Studio-2-Beta-Channel if you want more info about the Beta Channel !!

edit: only if you use other extensions like licensing extension or apk expansion extension.

Last edited:
W

WWAZman

..ok I dunno what happened, maybe I missed a clean button press somewhere, but I did it again only having the one extension in, and then it ran.. so then I put google play back in and it ran.. now I've uncommented the ads to restore them to what they were .. and run into a "unable to get a valid license.." ..but google licensing is OFF... ?!

TibiSoft

Hello Guys,
The above hints have just solved the issue at my side.... Thank you so much!!
(Just for reference: I also exported a project from GM:S1.4 -> GM:S2.x, had plenty of compile issues like above. Finally added Google Push Notifications (even I did not use it) and cleaned the cache).