• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Android build failed

G

Gustav van Rooyen

Hallo I hope there is someone that can help me. Everytime I want to build my game on my android device I get the following error. If there is someone that can help me it would be great. Here is the error I am getting:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.givitgamestuidios.thewitchoferast:processReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Users\Gustav van Rooyen\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\23.0.3\aapt.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like you do not have the correct sdk tools installed. Open the SDK manager and check if the API 23 & 24 are installed because to me it looks like you're missing the API 23.

If not, re-check the setup guide:
http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753498-GameMaker-Studio-Android-SDK-and-NDK-setup-
Especially re-check the part about the SDK in every detail. Last time I had problems with the android builds I didn't do everything mentioned there.

G

Gustav van Rooyen

Hallo Reverend thank you for your reply,

Yes I have both those API's installed and I followed that guide exactly and I it is still giving me the same error. I don't know what to do anymore. What is the best device to use maybe that is the problem?

P

PlayLight

Hallo I hope there is someone that can help me. Everytime I want to build my game on my android device I get the following error. If there is someone that can help me it would be great. Here is the error I am getting:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.givitgamestuidios.thewitchoferast:processReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Users\Gustav van Rooyen\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\23.0.3\aapt.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1
Could you post your full log? (in spoilers)
And your GMS version while you're at it.

G

Gustav van Rooyen

Hallo PlayLight,

It doesn't want to ad it in spoiler