• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Android Build Failed Problem

Imperial

Hello

I was wondering why Everytime when I try to run the Android test

It just throws build failed message without any details

Everything is setup, the sdk and the ndk and jdk in the preferences window

rIKmAN

as I said there's nothing in the output log
Are you sure you are looking at the right tab - the compiler log (and not the syntax error tab for example).

There should always be some info in the compiler log when you compile, whatever is in there copy and paste it here so we can see what it's saying.

L

lotsofhats

"GMS2 versions 2.2.4 and above target the newer AndroidX system of common functionality, rather than the older Android Support Library system. Accordingly, any extensions which use the old Support Library now need to be updated in order to remain compliant with Google Play requirements and the expectations of the GMS2 2.2.4+ runtimes.

Please be aware we don't offer custom advice for how to port a third-party extension to the new Android build system, and so we won't handle support tickets about this (you will just be asked to make a GMC thread with your questions), but here is a list of resources you might find useful if you have issues updating your extensions. This page will grow as we hear of issues and find more resources we can highlight."

The newer runtimes are broken for now, I'm looking into how to install or disable AndroidX but I'm having no luck. I've tried to disable it in gradle.properties but no luck. I can't even find where to download AndroidX.

you might be having the same problem, in the output log it should say:
"> Could not find method implementation() for arguments [androidx.legacy:legacy-support-v4:1.0.0] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler."