1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Build Fail

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Mehdi, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

Hello
    I am working on exporting for android since last week and GMS:2 seems not going to give me an apk!

I followed all the guidelines concerning Android Studio, ndk, sdk,jdk, build tools, min/target/compile sdk , ...

But it only shows me :

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ':com.mental.evil'.
    > Could not find method implementation() for arguments [androidx.legacy:legacy-support-v4:1.0.0] on project ':com.mental.evil'.

does anyone know what is the problem? What can I do? Many many thank in advance:(

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  2. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

Does anyone know which gradle version GMS2 currently supports? Previously version 2.0.0 was supported.

3. 3jgamesdev

3jgamesdev Member

have you tried to install the section in the build tools and target sdk api you want?

4. chirpy

chirpy Member

5. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

Thanks friends. I changed the gradle version in build.gradle to 5.1.1. Now I have new errors:

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring root project 'root'.
    > Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':classpath'.
    > Could not find com.android.tools.build:gradle:5.1.1.
    Searched in the following locations:
    https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/5.1.1/gradle-5.1.1.pom
    https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/5.1.1/gradle-5.1.1.jar
    Required by:
    :root:unspecified

By the way this is my gradle wrapper:

#Fri Sep 23 11:20:58 BST 2016
    distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
    distributionPath=wrapper/dists
    zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
    zipStorePath=wrapper/dists
    distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.14.1-all.zip

Could you please help me?

6. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Download the latest version of GMS2 and follow the Android Setup Guide from the start making sure you use the listed versions of each of the tools and SDKs from that guide and the Required SDKs article that chirpy posted above.

Once setup correctly, the first time you compile GMS2 will automatically download the required gradle files and other required build tools - this is mentioned at the end of the guide I linked above.

7. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

SUCCESS!
    Thank you. I searched all around web and nothing in GM forums helped me. Only Stack Overflow and I changed and tested many things. And finally without knowing what exactly happened, it worked and now i make successful builds for android. However as i said I didnt get what exacxtly was the problem because of the god-damned fragmented nature of android! o_O
    I think Google must clean up the mess of so many thousands of libraries required for that. Just imagine the following mess: SDK, NDK,JDK, Gradle, Android Studio, Min sdk,Compile sdk, target SDk, AVD,Build tools :mad::mad::mad::mad: I think it shouldnt be required to set up such terrifying junks messed around everywhere to create an export.