• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android App not Installed Error

M

mandrilltiger

Hey Everyone,

I am developing a game for android and I wanted to have someone test it on their phone. I have had it running on 4 different android devices.

However when I tried to have them install the APK it gives an app not installed error. I have tried troubleshooting it but have came up short.

The device in question is an LG Rebel 4 running 8.1. And is using tracfone if that matters.

If anyone knows if theirs a way to get an error log or even better a way to get it working it would make my day.

Unfortunately the device is not local to me so I cannot connect it to the pc running Game Maker Studio 2.

zbox

GMC Elder
This usually happens when a prior version of the app is installed and the new app you're trying to install has a) a different signature or b) a lower version number

M

mandrilltiger

Thanks for the response.

I pretty sure that the issue isn't this. I was walking them through the first install in trying to troubleshoot it I looked at their installed apps and my game wasn't one of them.