1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Android App not Installed Error

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by mandrilltiger, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mandrilltiger

mandrilltiger Member

Hey Everyone,

I am developing a game for android and I wanted to have someone test it on their phone. I have had it running on 4 different android devices.

However when I tried to have them install the APK it gives an app not installed error. I have tried troubleshooting it but have came up short.

The device in question is an LG Rebel 4 running 8.1. And is using tracfone if that matters.

If anyone knows if theirs a way to get an error log or even better a way to get it working it would make my day.

Unfortunately the device is not local to me so I cannot connect it to the pc running Game Maker Studio 2.

2. zbox

zbox Member GMC Elder

This usually happens when a prior version of the app is installed and the new app you're trying to install has a) a different signature or b) a lower version number

3. mandrilltiger

mandrilltiger Member

Thanks for the response.

I pretty sure that the issue isn't this. I was walking them through the first install in trying to troubleshoot it I looked at their installed apps and my game wasn't one of them.