• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Android app bundle (.aab) problem

S

Scooty_P

Hello everyone.
I'm having troubles making an .aab export for the google platform.

I searched a lot on the forum and on internet to get any help, but i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

I was following a solution provided by a member of Yoyo games:
" Android: How To Create An App Bundle For Google Play Submissions"

I export my game using gradle 5.1.1, but then i can't find any file named "gradlew build bundleRelease -x lint "
This file is not created after i did my export.
The other issue I have is that i can't use "subst " in the windows command.
I tried to run the command as an administrator but when i hit enter it says " invalid parameter ".
I tried everything but it won't work...

My game was supposed to be released a week ago, but this new export format (.aab) isn't managed by GameMaker !
I'm really upset and frustrated, everything is ready but i can't upload my game to the play store.
I'm desperate and i need your help.
Thanks a lot in advance

S

Scooty_P

Thanks curato for your answer, but this thread doesn't cover the issue i have.

I can't upload an .apk file on google play, because it's no longer supported. Instead, google created a new file extension named .aab ( android app bundle ), but game maker can't export .aab files yet.
So i followed this solution as i mentionned in my first post :

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029111732

I dowloaded gradle 5 as explained, and did my export correctly. I get 4 or 5 .apk files.
But the file needed later in the tutorial is missing "gradlew build bundleRelease -x lint ".
I guess that this file is created when i export my game, but it's not created...
So at this stage, i don't know what to do...
I have only 2 options, following this tutorial or wait for an implemented .aab export fort GMS2...
The problem is that I need to upload my game as soon as possible.
So if anyone can help me to make a propoer .aab file, I will be very grateful !
Thank you

A

Andrea Sansone

gradlew build bundleRelease -x lint is not a file. I have some problem with AAB too but depends from Google about the APK Expansion. So I'm on MAC and gradlew is the exec of cradle to start compile ( he say the corresponding exec in windows too).
build bundleRelease -x lint are just parameters. I'm able to create AAB but don't know how to attach the zip file from the APK Expansion.

S

skullandbonesband

Any updates on this ? I don't see any aab files when I pack a .apk . If it is not implemented gamemaker android would be useles.

Any updates on this ? I don't see any aab files when I pack a .apk . If it is not implemented gamemaker android would be useles.
It has been implemented for a year by now for GMS2. I won't need to detail the process since you are familiar with building an .APK. When you press the "BUILD" / "CREATE EXECUTEABLE" button, the SAVE AS window have 2 options; APK and AAB. You probably overlooked it.
Untitled.png

Last edited: