• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

An option to add events from "Open All Event Scripts" view

W

Wayfarer

I downloaded the GMS2 demo, and after about 30 mins of use I'm finding it quite intuitive.

I'm REALLY glad that the "Open All Event Scripts" feature exists (when right-clicking on an object). What I was wondering was: could there be an option to add events directly from this view (something like a "+" icon next to the existing event tabs). Furthermore, would it be possible to have the first tab in this view always be object properties? It seems like a logical extention of how it's already working.

Anyway, I'm very happy with GMS2 thus far and appreciate all the hard work that is being put into it :)

Edit:
Some more feedback after further use:
  • When you place instances in the room editor you can paint them down, though there doesn't seem to be a way delete them in the same fashion. You can hold BACKSPACE and click them individually one by one, but that takes a bit longer.
  • When painting instances if you drag quickly it skip grid cells. This isn't a big deal, but I could imagine it helping if GMS2 determined what cells had been skipped.

Those things are only small things... the new room editor is amazing! I like that you can hold SHIFT to make rectangular selections.

Edit 2:
GMS2 just crashed :p

I had left it open in the room editor, and probably after about an hour of being open it brought up a "GMS2 has stopped working" Windows message. I wasn't using it at the time. My computer is an i7 Processor, with plenty of RAM, so I don't believe it was memory based. The only setting I had adjusted was setting the display to 90% of the native DPI. Maybe it was a once-off crash, but thought I'd mention it anyway. I don't really mind it crashing... as long as it doesn't crash when saving!

Edit 3:
Have left it on the room editor in the background for about an hour again and it hasn't crashed. So that's good.

Last edited: