1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

An item with the same key has already been added *SOLVED*

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Krenzathal77, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Krenzathal77

Krenzathal77 Member

Hi folks,

Just before I start, I've done LOT of searching on this topic, but the solutions I find either don't apply or are too vague in their descriptions of what to do.

Today when I try to run my game out of Game Maker I get the message:

"GameMaker:Studio AssetCompliler has encountered a problem.
    We are sorry for the Inconvenience.

An item with the same key has already been added."

Then when I click Ok another message flashes up with:

"Unable to find game!!:" and a file location which follows referring to a file called game.win.

The following information appears in the compile log:

SavePrePend = C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\\
    RunnerLoadGame() - C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\\Double Dragon Demo.win
    Checking if INIFile C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\/options.ini Exists
    !!!!No INI File C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\/options.ini
    Reading File C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\\Double Dragon Demo.win
    Error! not allowing save with filename 'C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Double Dragon Demo.win'
    FAILED to load File C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\\Double Dragon Demo.win
    Compile finished: 16:05:24

I have no idea what any of that means or how to solve it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Game Maker but I still get the same message. The thing is that the game was compiling fine not an hour before and I didn't even close the program down. I did add two new scripts and three variables, but I went back and disabled them all just in case but I still keep getting this message.

Some people talked about editing a .yyc file to solve it, but they didn't say what it was, where it was, or give any other information on actually how to do it, and I can't seem to find any .yyp file anywhere on my system.

This is my first day coming back to Game Maker in months and I've already lost all motivation from trying to solve this problem all day, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm using GM: Studio 1.4
    Win 7, 64-Bit

2. Gradius

Gradius Member

Try clearly the project cache (Brush icon), that can fix an awful lot of weird bugs.

3. Krenzathal77

Krenzathal77 Member

Gradius, Thanks for the reply dude. I tried clearing the cashe a few times before re-installing Game Maker, but no luck. :(

4. Krenzathal77

Krenzathal77 Member

Solved it! Turns out I had a variable declared twice which was used in a case statement. I was completely barking up the wrong tree looking for missing .win files and the like.