• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

AmazonGameCircle not logging in 1763?

clee2005

Hey guys,

There is very little information on Amazon Game Circle stuff and GameMaker, so I thought I'd just ask this here to get something more going.

I had IAP in Amazon working fine in 1757, and then updated to 1763 and new GooglePlayServices and AmazonGameCircle extensions. Got both compiling finally, but my Amazon build will not login to GameCircle (no code has changed and it used to work).

I now get :

I/yoyo ( 7179): Unable to initialise AmazonGamesClient - service not ready. Status=CANNOT_INITIALIZE

after

E/GameCircleClient( 7179): Unable to read api key. GameCircle requires an api key to be included in 'assets/api_key.txt'. GameCircle will not initialize.

E/GameCircleClient( 7179): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid API Key

Seems pretty clear, but again, no code changed on my side, so I have no idea what GameMaker wants now, and haven't found anything documented from YoYo about changes in the Amazon Extension. It's definitely not logging in though and the IAPs definitely don't work right now. Any suggestions or direction?

Thanks!

Chris

clee2005

Alright, I'm getting good at posting and then solving shortly after... lol. I don't actually have an answer here, but decided to try another device and it works. Strange because the test device I've been using (Kindle Fire 7") has been working as expected... anyway, chalk it up to testing... I think it might have something to do with the device account.

K

Kai

i have a similar problem. My kindle fire 7 (kindle fire 5th edition) requires android 5.1.1 (API 22), but gamemaker defaults to the latest version (API 24). There must be some way of changing this. i started installing the apks etc, yesterday at 3pm and im still at it no sleep. I have a ticket open about this. This is a career ender for people new to gamemaking, i just refuse to give up this time. didnt expect it to take longer than an entire project tutorial in unity.

clee2005

Hi @Kai. What's the ticket #? I'd like to add/follow it too since now you've made me think that perhaps all or other Kindle Fire's are not able to login to GameCircle or purchase anything in our games!

Thanks!

K

Kai

Hi @Kai. What's the ticket #? I'd like to add/follow it too since now you've made me think that perhaps all or other Kindle Fire's are not able to login to GameCircle or purchase anything in our games!

Thanks!
Its Ticket Request #114682 if you keep scrolling down the transcripts you will see myemail client froze i accidentally spammed extra replies after my proper one, it almost looks as if i repeated my original question there, unless he reads the hint that my actual post that needs an answer was at 11:54. Im still waiting. Without a doubt, getting this api selected in gamemaker is the single most difficult thing i have ever done regarding gamemaking, 3d software, and programming throughout my many brick walls and failures over the years, i made my 2 prototypes in gamemaker and the entire survival shooter tutorial in unity faster than this.
if you target this device (kindle fire 7 (5th edition) allow a good 24 hours for sdk api setup. i am approaching that number of hours now.

Oh the joy of making games. il calm down and have a cup of tea.
Sorry if i ever seem rude or obnoxious, I suffer debilitating anxiety attacks constantly confining me to the house, and occasional mania. kind of proud of myself i haven't given up yet but my GDD is coming on well. i gotta focus on the end product.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kai

Have dropped the ticket now, Although the info is there for using the correct API. Im gonna have to come back to this.

clee2005

I just reset my Kindle Fire to factory and logged in with a different account and it works now. It seems to have been something with that account or the state of the device, because I was able to get it to work with the Amazon Store on other non-Kindle Fire devices before and now I can on this one too after resetting it. So it seems it's all good now.

FYI, I'm Targetting SDK 23 min 15, using Build tools 23.0.3 and support 23.2.1