• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Amazon GameLift

Pfap

Hi all, I was checking out Amazon's cloud computing and web services and found out about GameLift. The documentation I was reading earlier had today's date (11/17/2017), so I think it may be pretty new. Earlier this week I also received an email from Amazon or Yoyo Games about the new Amazon fire module. Anyways, it would be awesome if GameMaker and Amazon could bring GameLift to our IDE. At least client side functionality and then developers could choose from a handful of other languages to code there server side. Having access to the AWS services seems like a great idea and Amazon seems pretty gung ho to jump into the game industry, maybe there going to try to compete with Apple and Android? My point is Amazon doesn't seem to be going anywhere; the documentation I viewed seemed good, and with a little work could be a feasible way to make gloabal multiplayer games. Plus anybody already doing that wouldn't need to support server side hardware in the future. I would be thrilled to even hear an announcement of planned support.