• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Am I missing any GM 1.4 licenses?

W

Wren

If I understood correctly the "support" and sale of GM1.4 is soon coming to an end. However, I will be able to continue to work with it and export to any platform I bought a license for in the past, i.E. before they stop to sell GM1 !?

Please correct me if the above statement was false :)

I am owner of Game Maker : Studio Professional which I bought at Humble Bundle. On my account page it says I own licences for Android Export, HTML5 Export, iOS Export and Windows UWP.

On the YoYo-Shop Page it says the Pro Version includes Mac Export, Ubuntu Export, Windows Only Export, and Windows 8 Export. What confuses me is the fact that none of these Licenses are mentioned on my account page.

To make it short: Could anybody be so kind to tell me which if any Licenses I am still missing?

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
On the YoYo-Shop Page it says the Pro Version includes Mac Export, Ubuntu Export, Windows Only Export, and Windows 8 Export. What confuses me is the fact that none of these Licenses are mentioned on my account page.
I believe these are counted in the main license when you purchase the studio.

As for your other question, If you aren't looking for console exports, you should be fine. There is still "Tizen" but if I remember correctly, the module is out of date and no longer useable.

N

NPT

The Desktop exports included with Pro are dependent on how and when you bought Pro. Mac and Ubunto were included and excluded at various times.

To definitively see what exports you're capable of take of, look at the target dropdown:
upload_2017-2-16_10-19-26.png

These are the targets I have via Master Collection. Not all of them are available any more.

W

Wren

Thanks to both of you.
Looks like I am good to go and as I do not have enough money to spent on new GM2 Licenses I will stick to 1.4 for now.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
@NPT The dropdown actually shows all of them regardless of if you own Master.
If you select one you don't own, it prompts you to buy it.

Mine shows all of them, I certainly don't have Master!

rIKmAN

I know it's broken and dead now, but was the Tizen module a paid export option and if so how much was it?

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
It was free at launch, then taken away and priced. I think it was the same as other mobile exports, at about $200 USD.

N

NPT

@NPT The dropdown actually shows all of them regardless of if you own Master.
If you select one you don't own, it prompts you to buy it.

Mine shows all of them, I certainly don't have Master!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

TY for that. Being a MC owner and having them show up as they were released, I thought they only showed up if you were licenced for them.

@Wren Correction:

To definitively see what your licenced for try each option.

N

NPT

Console exports are not standard exports with Studio 1.x.

Those exports are only available upon being accepted into their respective developer programs.