• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Distribution Am I allowed to upload the Space Rocks game, and if so, how?

T

TinTortoise

Hey guys. I'd like to put the game I made by following the Space Rocks tutorial up somewhere online, but I'm unclear as to how, or if I'm allowed to. Obviously it's just a knock-off of Asteroids, so I don't know if that's a problem or anything. Also, every website I've looked at is all talking about monetisation and all that jazz. I'm just looking for a place I can stick it so that I can send a link to my friends saying "I did a thing!" Is there a way for me to do that?

itch.io and gamejolt do not require you to sell your games, you can just upload them as free and people can download them. For both of those sites you will need to create accounts and then upload your game - the process is very straightforward to do.