• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Alternative to Real Time Multiplayer

emicarra

Hello, Google Play Services Real Time multiplayer is going away on march 31, 2020.
I'm looking for extensions that works with UDP and allows Peer to Peer.

Firebase Realtime Database is not an option because it's not as fast since it uses Websocket.

Google Cloud Openmatch is another option, but i don't know much about it, there is not much information of how it works and there are not game examples, and it also charges you for its service, so it doesn't convince me.

Thanks

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Is this for an existing project? Having the game itself not be realtime gives you a much easier time, but limits you to turn-based or indirect games.

emicarra

Is this for an existing project? Having the game itself not be realtime gives you a much easier time, but limits you to turn-based or indirect games.
Hello, yes, i have an existing fighting game that requires p2p and udp to send packets as fast as it can between players. Also i plan on working on more realtime games, so i really need an extension with those features