• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Altering the velocity of a prexisting physics particle.

i want to create a fountain inside of a pool of water created using soft body particles (physics particles)

https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/physics/soft body particles/index.html

i know how to pull information like the position and speed of a particle while in game but i cannot find any way to alter the speed using the commands inside of the manual.

at present the only way i know to do this is to delete a particle, create a new one in the exact same position and alter the velocity on creation, but this is a less than ideal solution due to possible collision errors and depending on the situation its excessive just to alter two variables.

does anyone know of a better way to alter the velocity of physics particles?

thank you

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Physics particles are a "fire and forget" system, much like regular particles... and as such, you aren't meant to manipulate them after created, much less on an individual level. So, no, this isn't really possible, unless you change from physics particles to use instances (which if there aren't very many of them is a viable option...).