• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Altering/adding sprite causes all the words to disappear in gms2.3, breaking the functionality of the engine

when ever i try to use the sprite editor in any capacity something happens to the engine that causes most if not all the words to disappear, im trying to import some sprites and i cant even modify or put a single one into the system without the whole screen whiting out.

i can add some pictures if needed, im running on win10 with gms 2.3, and i appologize in advance for how vague this is but i honestly dont even understand whats going on except that almost all the words on gms disappear the moment one pixel is altered in any sprite.

thank you.

Here is a picture of the error

i went through and did a fresh install of GMS2 from the beginning on win 10 and still had the error crop up the moment i messed with the editor, an interesting side note is that the word "if" in the draw down along with brackets does appear, though any other language i try to type does not work.

i also went through trying to white list based upon this guide

the macOS version does not encounter this problem, i installed gms2 on it and it worked fine so this is a rather odd engine breaking bug and im not even sure what is going on.

Am i doing something wrong?

thank you

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Wow... That's a new one... Never seen that before. I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest is that file a bug report with the helpdesk and let them know you are having the issue as I can't even think where to begin suggesting ways you couls fix this... ALTHOUGH I wonder if it's related to the DPi settings? Might be worthwhile checking the preferences and resetting the DPi or changing it and see how that goes.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
sounds like the application is corrupted, try uninstalling and then a clean reinstall