• Hey! Guest! The 39th GMC Jam will take place between November 26th, 12:00 UTC and November 30th, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE ALT + Insert (Duplicate Item Hotkey) only works on one resource at a time

When duplicating items in Resource Tree the keyboard shortcut ALT + INSERT only works to duplicate an item when a single item is selected. If multiple items are selected, pressing ALT + INSERT will not duplicate them, just an error beep sound happens.

If I want to duplicate a multiple selection of items, I have to use the mouse context menu to do so.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or a feature?

NOTE: It's not really a concern for me as I don't think I would use this feature often in a real world project. I just noticed it when I was trying to replicate a possible bug by creating as many resources as quickly as I could when starting with a blank project.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
It's not a bug.... it was never requested, so never added. Since 1.x never had this I doubt anyone has ever noticed or wanted it.