OUT NOW ON:
As a criminal on death row you can choose... Die quietly or die in the Alpha Dog dungeon! Choosing the dungeon will still bring certain death, but it may also grant you immortality if you can become the Alpha Dog champion by defeating the hordes of Cur over multiple levels using all your wits and the many weapons scattered throughout.
Alpha dog is an ultra-low-rez arena shooter with procedurally generated levels. You start the game with a simple pistol, but as you continue you can buy or find more weapons and upgrade your health. The game has the following features:
- Infinite levels of procedurally generated mayhem
- 19 different weapons, all with their own unique handling and effects
- Multiple different enemy types, each with their own distinct AI
- Secret areas with special weapons that just can't be bought
- Online highscores so you can compete against the world
WHY SO SMALL?
This game started from a simple premise - what's the smallest resolution that I can make a playable game in? After making some prototypes I realised that 90x45 was viable and set about making something that would be fun to play in such a small amount of pixels... and so Alpha Dog was born! I've always loved arena shooters, and the small play area lent itself nicely to this kind of casual shooter game. I've packed as much as possible into the tiny space available and I hope you enjoy playing it! Remember, it's not the size that counts, but what you do with it...