• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

All my projects suddenly became 30fps

G

GhostGK

I had been woking on my projects properly & all is fine and dandy..
I always set room speed at 60, & all my game logic takes that into calculations..
Debug overlay always show 200-500 fps count, as all i have are small projects..

All was fine up to this monring.. Then, evening come and now ALL my projects are half the original speed, i.e. 30fps.. Debug overlay shows only 30fps now too..
I double check all the codes, & i'm sure nothing's wrong there..
In the first place, for ALL the projects to become like that, it's probably GM:S error or some other error, rt?

Anyone have any idea what could have went wrong? Any input would be appericated..

RangerX

Did you double check all your rooms settings so they are at 60 ?
Also, draw the built in variable "fps" on screen to have another source than the debugger.

G

GhostGK

I did.. All are still 60..
Nothing that will turn that into 30 either in the code..

I just draw the "fps" build-in variable, & it's 30 fps too.. I really don't know what happened.. I will test on another PC as soon as I can..

camerakid

Try creating a completely new blank project with one room with 60fps and create an alarm with 60step repetition doing something and you can check the speed.

Zek

If this continues to happen I would probably suggest reinstalling Game Maker and see if that fixes it.

M

McWolke

try and check your driver settings, maybe you got vsync with half refresh rate (adaptive vsync) enabled?

Roa

I was going to say change your resolution and then change it back. Depending on the monitor, refresh is tied to the res set in the OS vs directly controlled. Especially on laptops where frame rate of the monitor is dropped to 30-45 as a power saving method. Make sure your power options are not set to restrict the screen

G

GhostGK

Try creating a completely new blank project with one room with 60fps and create an alarm with 60step repetition doing something and you can check the speed.
Did that and yeah, only 30 fps.. And, the timers only run with 30 steps per sec, even tho the room speed is 60.. :/

If this continues to happen I would probably suggest reinstalling Game Maker and see if that fixes it.
Yeah, I should probably do that after exploring the drivers issues.. Thanks..

try and check your driver settings, maybe you got vsync with half refresh rate (adaptive vsync) enabled?
That's quite possible.. I just turned off Vsync in my Nvidia control panel.. But, that didn't fix it.. Maybe i should try updating drivers or go back to previous versions..
Thanks a lot for that tip!

G

GhostGK

I was going to say change your resolution and then change it back. Depending on the monitor, refresh is tied to the res set in the OS vs directly controlled. Especially on laptops where frame rate of the monitor is dropped to 30-45 as a power saving method. Make sure your power options are not set to restrict the screen
Ohh, that fixed it!! :D
Thanks a lot, man!!
I didn't notice there's such a thing on laptops..

Thanks for everyone putting in advices too.. :)