All-in-one [a Game Maker Challenge]

S

SuperGamersGames

I apologize if this is the wrong place to do this.

ALL IN ONE

This challenge is going to be an interesting one. Your goal is to make a game with only one sprite, sound, object, and room.

It can be any game, as long as you keep it to the requirements and, if possible, family-friendly. There is no deadline, I'm only curious what people come up with.

GOOD LUCK, Y'ALL!

TheouAegis

Probably not in the right section, this would probably fit better in the Community Chat section.

Also, this was basically already done with the "One Script Game" Jam. Basically the same except you couldn't have sprites or sounds, everything had to just be in one script.
Here is that topic: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/osg-jam.6018/
Had to re-read those rules before I realized where he said no sprites or sounds. Like, I could pull off my puzzle game with no sprites; but if you needed sounds in a game, how would you do that with just one script in the Draw event and no sound files? GM doesn't generate sounds on its own, does it?

LOL. That would have been a fun challenge if I had seen it in time. :(

Coded Games

Had to re-read those rules before I realized where he said no sprites or sounds. Like, I could pull off my puzzle game with no sprites; but if you needed sounds in a game, how would you do that with just one script in the Draw event and no sound files? GM doesn't generate sounds on its own, does it?

LOL. That would have been a fun challenge if I had seen it in time. :(
People got real creative. For example, I know Nocturne's entry had sounds. Looking back at his script, it looks like he created the sounds by manually writing to buffers then used audio_create_buffer_sound

Mike's entry was also very impressive.

S

SuperGamersGames

Well, I guess it is in the wrong section and there was a thing like this, but this is giving much more freedom than that one. I'm mostly curious as to see what people can do with so little.