alien comeback

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by spitler, Jan 9, 2019.

1. spitler

spitler Member

Dear Gmc,

I am posting because I would like to discuss a new project in the making. And it is about an alien race that mines for human corporate logos, in order to spread influence through political parties using a time machine, which, itself, has its own logo.

I was thinking, in terms of mechanics (and I would need a team to produce this), that the game would have lots of shapes in databases that are drilling against each other, like a a mining operation, and then stars would appear that would allow gravitation of logos beneath the basic shapes being drilled.
    Eventually, logos would be unearthed and made prosperous, like the swatstika or the communist hammer and sickle.

Any thoughts on how to make this doable and how to form a logo based political party?
    Thanks,

- Spitler.

2. Sam04

Sam04 Member

I understood the theme of your game about aliens and everything else. But I have problems understanding your main mechanic. Is it supposed to be a mixing game? Like "little alchemy"?

Anyways, regarding your question, you don't really need to neither use real life logos nor try to make new ones that could be understood in real life. It would be enough a simple system of choosing a "background" shape and a "foreground" shape anc choose a colour to each of them. Shapes being simple things as in squares, rectangles, triangles, circles, ovals, star, cross, and maybe some others not so complicated. Or, if you preffer, even words.

Then you could assign certain meaning to certain shapes, colours, and shapes/colour combinations. Those meanings could have a meaningful impact on other parts of the game and it would make it interesting to stop and think which kind of logos you want to use and why.

3. spitler

spitler Member

You have a good idea there, however, I'm trying to start a political party (current post moderating). Perhaps I jumped into this too quickly.
    But maybe we could discuss something related to your logo. What does 'food' mean to you. How can we solve the world's food shortage with logos to make people think about eating more. That might be more political.
    But come to think of it, maybe, say, a burger has been split into 1000 shards, and you have to drill different shapes against each other to recover the one single burger.

Of course, this doesn't solve world food shortages. I think that growing food in a laboratory would. Therefore, maybe it could be about following precise instructions, but making the instructions more complicated each time, to grow laboratory food.
    Just a thought.