• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM AI Roaming and Fleeing

S

Skyler Clark

Hello! I am making a top down survival game. I am starting to put animals into the game so the player can gather food. I have a chicken object, and I have the damage set up, along with the materials etc. Now all I need to do is make the chicken roam around. When the chicken is hit by the player, I want the chicken to run around frantically, similar to how it is set up in Minecraft. It would help so much if anyone could give me some pointers on how I would go about this. Thank you!

NightFrost

Familiarize yourself with state machines use, you should be able to find GM-specific guides for it. By your description you just need idle, roaming and hurt states for the chicken. For movement, just use randomized values for direction and duration.