1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

AI City Management

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by bobscaball, Nov 5, 2018.

1. bobscaball

bobscaball Member

So I made a post earlier asking if Game Maker can make a fairly detailed multi-city management game. I'm confident it can now, but I have an issue. Though my game is multiplayer, many cities won't be player controlled (unless you can find 20+ friends), and the systems like taxation, building upkeep, army upkeep, public order, etc. would need an extremely advanced AI like the Total War or EU series to simulate.

Though unlikely, are there any existing frameworks for AI management of multiple variables/resources?

If not, what's a good method of cheating this problem? I'm looking at something like big bonuses or freezing simulation while under AI control, with only a few controlled changes occurring to at least give the appearance of working AI.

Thanks again.

2. sylvain_l

sylvain_l Member

why rely systematically on complex AI.
    you could go a long way with some basic economics to macro manage some aspect. Free market and basic low of demand&offer alike can go a long way if done right.