• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

After six months or so Im back.

J

jb skaggs

Well Last year I almost died with infections from spider bites and I was handicapped and unable to work much for six months or so. I ended up doing CAD design, small web design projects, and some art to bring in money but nothing regular.

This all finally cleared up and my health returned in April this year and I moved to a new bigger city, I am pastoring a new church and I am programming games again. Including starting up a game maker's club in the church geared toward homeschoolers and youth in general, but anyone can come.

Thanks to all you who encouraged me after becoming sick last year, I really thought my life was over. Now Im fully recovered and feeling great.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Welcome back, and great to hear you've recovered from what sounds like a terrible ordeal...

T

Triangle

I saw your old thread the other day, it's a real relief to see it all worked out for you.

Dog Slobber

Glad your healing.

Remember though, as your health gets back to normal, and when your spidey senses and radioactive strength start to develop, use your new abilities responsibly. With great power comes great responsibility.

How's the suit coming along?

Last edited:

Rayek

Awesome to hear you are on the mend, and already giving back to the community! Life is very, very short, and we gotta make the most out of it. Keep following your own path, and enjoy life the fullest.

As far as insect bites go: I can relate, or at least on a very low level: my wife got bitten in her legs by Black Flies in the BC wilderness, and that caused a severe rash that is STILL visible even now after 7 years! It caused her pain for months.

Good luck with the game maker club :)