Windows After Pixel

Sammi3

itchio: https://sammi3.itch.io/after-pixel
gamejolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/after-pixel/104335

AFTER PIXEL

After Pixel is a 2.5D sidescroller where you play as a pixel who has gained intelligence. The goal of the game is to solve puzzles in order to reach the end of the level.

This is a game I made for the 20th GMC Jam about a pixel. The game has an obvious minimalist style inspired by Thomas Was Alone and a gameplay mechanic inspired my Fez. These are the tutorial levels and I might go back to finish this game.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Guess I missed this the first time around, during the 20th Jam. But playing it now, I see it's really quite impressive. Very imaginative and fun! So it deserves some attention.

When the game opens, players are treated to a dramatic soliloquy, delivered in an earthy regional accent. At first I expected something corny, but the voice and storyline was compelling to listen to. And as the gameplay progresses, the narrator continues to discuss the situation, and shares observations about our pixel. It all fits seamlessly into the gameplay.

The challenges themselves start easy, with the traditional jumping puzzles seen in countless platform games. But as the levels progress, the challenge increases and includes some movement you might not expect at first. Especially when the levels allow players to rotate the perspective. Then it starts to get interesting.

I've only played the first 6-7 levels so far. But this is intriguing to me. Not at all what I expected. The game actually has a lot of hidden depth (pun intended). So I definitely recommend this. It's very well done.

Sammi3

Guess I missed this the first time around, during the 20th Jam. But playing it now, I see it's really quite impressive. Very imaginative and fun! So it deserves some attention.

When the game opens, players are treated to a dramatic soliloquy, delivered in an earthy regional accent. At first I expected something corny, but the voice and storyline was compelling to listen to. And as the gameplay progresses, the narrator continues to discuss the situation, and shares observations about our pixel. It all fits seamlessly into the gameplay.

The challenges themselves start easy, with the traditional jumping puzzles seen in countless platform games. But as the levels progress, the challenge increases and includes some movement you might not expect at first. Especially when the levels allow players to rotate the perspective. Then it starts to get interesting.

I've only played the first 6-7 levels so far. But this is intriguing to me. Not at all what I expected. The game actually has a lot of hidden depth (pun intended). So I definitely recommend this. It's very well done.
Thanks for the reply. Where does my accent sound like it's from? But yeah, you're feedback was much appreciated, thank you.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Where does my accent sound like it's from?
At first I thought east coast USA. Maybe a Boston or Jersey neighborhood. But then I heard the soft "a" sound of a British accent. Beyond that, I'm wondering if you're native born British. Because I hear a slight Ukrainian or Russian tint underneath the British accent.

But all this is based on very few words. So it's largely a guess based on very little evidence.

Sammi3

At first I thought east coast USA. Maybe a Boston or Jersey neighborhood. But then I heard the soft "a" sound of a British accent. Beyond that, I'm wondering if you're native born British. Because I hear a slight Ukrainian or Russian tint underneath the British accent.

But all this is based on very few words. So it's largely a guess based on very little evidence.
Not native born British. Spent half my life in England and half my life in Tanzania (East Africa). I tried my best not to sound British and more 'neutral'.

Last edited: