Steam After 3 years of development my game Nira finally launched in Steam Early Access!

B

Baseline Games

Hey everyone!

Today, after 3 years of development, my survival exploration game Nira finally launched in Steam Early Access.

Nira is a fast-paced survival exploration game. Explore endless procedurally generated worlds and gather resources to survive. Build a base and a farm, go fishing, cook yourself a meal, ride an alpaca or fly a plane; do whatever you want. But beware, when night falls, creatures arise...

Watch the launch trailer here:

Check it out on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1171120
Feel free to wishlist the game if you like it. There's also a 15% discount for the entire week for those who are considering a purchase.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank @Nocturne for his help right here on the forum when I just started out. I was able to learn how to write GML by watching YouTube tutorials and asking questions on the forum. I remember Nocturne answered to just about every single question I had, and it really helped me in understanding how to code. So thank you for that! (PS: those questions were from an older account)

Thanks for checking out my game!
-Baseline Games

Elodman

Finding always sg astonishing here, even after years.
Gr8 to hear success stories & about help received.
Couldn't ever believe so minimal, pre-8 bit graphics can even be appealing, in addition with an interesting setting + game-play, too.
Congrats.

Edit:
Plz. keep us updated about your game's reception, and other backstage pieces of info, if possible.
Quite curious about its destiny in an AAA game world.

Last edited:
B

Baseline Games

Thank you all for the kind replies, really appreciate that! The game is well received on Steam and I'm currently working out a new patch based on community feedback every day :)

Pixel-Team

Master of Pixel-Fu
Hey everyone!

Today, after 3 years of development, my survival exploration game Nira finally launched in Steam Early Access.

Nira is a fast-paced survival exploration game. Explore endless procedurally generated worlds and gather resources to survive. Build a base and a farm, go fishing, cook yourself a meal, ride an alpaca or fly a plane; do whatever you want. But beware, when night falls, creatures arise...

Watch the launch trailer here:

Check it out on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1171120
Feel free to wishlist the game if you like it. There's also a 15% discount for the entire week for those who are considering a purchase.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank @Nocturne for his help right here on the forum when I just started out. I was able to learn how to write GML by watching YouTube tutorials and asking questions on the forum. I remember Nocturne answered to just about every single question I had, and it really helped me in understanding how to code. So thank you for that! (PS: those questions were from an older account)

Thanks for checking out my game!
-Baseline Games
Congratulations on finishing your game!!

tetris_mess

People are making friends at different levels. Friends, good friends, and best friends. They are all the people that aren't taking advantage of each other. Friends ditch class and talk over beverage, about diatribes. Good friends share insight. Best-friends can rope the other back in. It is really special when people work together professionally. Baseline Games is going to rock our lives.

Last edited:
Looks like Minicraft, but way enhanced. Audio design is very nice and the graphics are quite good: very fluid motion. Overall good first look as far as presentation goes. One thing I do think could afford a change is the font on the speech bubbles as well as a muzzle flash or something on the guns.

S

Sybok

Looks awesome!

Only slight graphical negative that stood out from the video was the shadows adding on top of each other. Two shadows make a darker shadow.

But that's only a tiny tiny nit pick. It does look very awesome visually to me.