Free AES 128, 192 and 256

L

Lintydude

This is the first time I've ever done something this big. I am currently working on implementing AES that will be compatible in GM:8 and possibly GM:S or GM:2. I plan to give it file functionality once the main part is working. I will aim to get it fully commented so you can see how it works :)

Progress:
100%

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dj_midknight

I don't know about GM8, but GMS and GMS2 both have built in SHA1 functionality just FYI. Not trying to derail your idea at all. Just incase you didn't already know I thought I would mention it.

GMWolf

aka fel666
I don't know about GM8, but GMS and GMS2 both have built in SHA1 functionality just FYI. Not trying to derail your idea at all. Just incase you didn't already know I thought I would mention it.
If i ain't mistaken, AES is encryption, whilst SHA is hashing.
Two totally different things.

@Lintydude that's actually very cool, I don't see myself using it for much, but great work nonetheless.

D

dj_midknight

.... You know I actually know that, but need sleep. I am used to working on software that uses both, so oops. Anyway, good luck sir!

Z

zendraw

can you describe for the ignorant people like me whats AES and why i need it?

L

Lintydude

can you describe for the ignorant people like me whats AES and why i need it?
I am glad you asked, I love answering questions! AES stands for Advanced Encryption Algorithm, and is widely used in modern day cryptography. It is basically used for encrypting data/documents with a password. For example, if you wanted to encrypt your save files for whatever reason, you could use this to do it. More info can be found here