• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

advice for finding pixel images

L

lummisam

I was making a pixel animation for a blender machine and I did a google image search for "pixel image blender" for inspiration. I saw countless images of pixel art drawn on Blender, but almost none of actual blenders. Has anyone else had this problem of being unable to find images of things that share a name with popular software? If so can you offer any advice on how to better search for images?

saffeine

i'd say try to be more specific, and use more common / accurate terminology. the pixel images you're referring to are probably better labelled as sprites.
i did a quick google search for 'kitchen blender sprite' and a couple of things came up. that being said though, i think the obscurity of it isn't helpful at all.

my advice following that would be to learn to create your own, as you won't always find what it is you're looking for ( and you're better protected in legal / trademark territory c; ).

D

Deleted member 13992

pixel art is more common than pixel image.

also, part of the "art" of finding reference images in search engines in knowing to use related terms. like juicer, kitchenware, appliance, kitchen, cooking, etc.