• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Advertising setup

Sk8dududu

I am having difficulty setting up "Reward" advertising. (Tap on an object that will play a video or interactable advertisement via admob and the player will in return receive something in game).
Basically the guides are a little outdated and don't seem to even use the same functions.
I created an account on admob and added my game to it, which it gave me an app id to use as a function in game maker. So at the beginning of the game I have, "GoogleMobileAds_Init" But it calls for 2 separate pieces of information, "interstitialId" and "applicationId". I have the application id, but I have no idea where to find this "interstitialId" or even what that means.
And to be honest I'm even slightly lost at what to do after. How do I ensure that the user has watched the entire ad before receiving their in game item?