• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Advance 3D Programming Thread

M

Misu

This is an unofficial discussion thread on providing advance 3D mechanics and coding that can benefit Game Developer's from this community to progress mostly on making 3D games in Game Maker.

NOTE: This is not a place to ask for help or request on anything regarding to 3D; for that, use the regular programming subforum please.

NOTE: This is also not a place to advertise your marketplace products. Every source that is provided in this thread is for free access usage. If you have an asset in the marketplace that provides benefit for the users (free or paid), PM me for the link to the asset so it can be mentioned on the first post of this topic for people to see.

This is mostly to discuss possible alternatives, advance functionalities, and pro-efficient coding for performing perfect Game Development in 3D. Simply by providing or sharing ideas on certain mechanics, we clarify such ways in making them compatible for Game Maker to run. This allows full benefit for the community who struggle on using Game Maker's 3D limitations.

For every high approval, and functional, codes provided shall be stored in a library of scripts and ideas on the main post. Note that this is not base upon request, its base upon evaluation of such mechanic on how it performs in Game Maker and how beneficial it is.

Feel free to share your thoughts on anything regarding with 3D.

Link to 3D library

3D development resources by users in the forum:

Last edited:
M

Misu

I made some changes. I decided to put all the codes and resources in a Google Doc for easier browsing.

I also added a movement code.

Anyway feel free to add any info into this thread on anything you want to share.