• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Ads integration help.

S

SuperSlim

Does anyone have a guide on how to integrate ads from AdMob into an android game? I've been struggling with this for so long.

S

SuperSlim

In terms of getting through setup issues, not off the top of my head as I set it up a few months ago.

I did tweak it for smart banners, there is a post here on how to do that:

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/smart-banner-ad-admob.6002/#post-49825

Is there any particular bit not working for you? You should be able to see any admob issues in the cmd window output when run it on a connected Android device.
I figured it out. It wasn't working because I was compiling and not making an executable. As soon as I installed an executable it began working. thank you so much for your help!

Genetix

I don't use AdMob (but do use Mopub). For the most part, I would imagine you need to grab extension for Admob, import it into your project. Then use the corresponding code inside the game (usually an Init statement at the very start of the game, then another line to call banner ads, or load and show fullscreen ads). That documentation should be linked to in the GMS manual/help if you search for it.

Electros

I figured it out. It wasn't working because I was compiling and not making an executable. As soon as I installed an executable it began working. thank you so much for your help!
Great, good work finding your solution (and posting it in case anyone else runs into it!).

U

Uberpink

"extension for Admob",, you mean the free googleplay services ekstension for gamemaker? if not, where can i find the admob ekstension?