• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android ADmob LibPNG timeline

R

Roger Robertson

Wondering if the new update will have fixes for both the Admob and LibPNG issues. I'm hoping they push the two together before the September 15th-17th, 2016 deadlines.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

R

Roger Robertson

Richard you are wonderful! I haven't tried EA in a while so it's about time to give it a run.
Thanks!

R

Roger Robertson

@Richard or anybody else.
Do you know if the SDK has also been updated to 7 in EA or know how to check that myself.
many thanks.

R

Richard

Yes we support 7 (or N) (Google Changed it from 7 to N to 7..)

We supported this in Version 1.99.475. It's said in the release notes.

R

Roger Robertson

@Richard Sorry, I was unaware the admob extension used the same sdk as the google dev sdk.
I can now publish my updates then.
thank you

R

Roger Robertson

@Richard :
From Google:
"AdMob is committed to providing you the most effective monetization solutions. As we innovate, it’s important that we leverage the latest technologies to bolster our platform. As part of this movement, we are deprecating versions 6.4.1 and lower of the Android Google Mobile Ads SDK on September 15th, 2016.
In order to ensure that your ads continue to serve after September 15th, 2016, please upgrade to Google Mobile Ads SDK 7.0.0 or higher."
I submitted an update using Version 1.99.493 and got the same advisory. You think it's just a generic email to publishers?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richard

I couldn't say to be honest. If you are urgently needing it then EA is right there for you... That's the point of EA.

L

lek

I usually don't use EA for publishing things with, since there's a bigger risk of bugs and other issues.
Agree, the last time i published with EA, sprite font spacing all ran off (i adjusted the spacing and published)
After that when i came back to publishing in stable ver, i have to re-adjust it back to previous state.
My case is still not so much of hassle as it was a small single stage game. It would be very troublesome and time consuming to test the whole game all over again when the scale is big.