• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android AdMob experience and alternatives

O

Override_X

Hello GM community. Recently I purchased a mobile license. My hope was that I could get a return on that investment by developing ad supported games with in app purchases and releasing them on google play. However, I'm a bit frustrated, so forgive me if I rant slightly.

I've released my first gane to open beta on the play store. Part of that release was implementing Admob through the Play Services extension. Things were going great, at first. I got a fair number of testers playing my game regularly. After I reached the princely sum of $10 in revenue, Google sent me a verification pin, which I promptly entered. In my mind, this meant that my account had reached a certain level of integrity. But then, suddenly, and without warning or explanation, my ads stopped serving. My Google Play and Admob accounts both say that my account is "open and in good standing." It's now been nearly a week since my last rewarded or interstitial has shown, and my banners reappear intermittently for a few minutes and then suddenly stop again. Not even my test devices are serving test ads. I have made no changes to my ad implementation since they were correctly working. Obviously this state of affairs is unacceptable for someone trying to build a business.
My questions for you, GameMakers, are these:
Have any of you had similar experiences with Admob?
If so, how long did it persist?

What did you do to resolve the situation seeing that Admob provides no means of direct contact unless you actually get a policy violation (which I have not)?

And finally, what alternatives to AdMob have you used which have provided a better experience?

Sorry for the long post, but, I kinda needed to vent since noone is actually listening in thr Googlesphere.