Adding sounds from included files

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Haven't tested it, but from what I saw there's audio_create_stream for loading from OGGs and audio_create_buffer_sound for loading from buffer - and buffer itself along with its settings can be read from WAV.

So I guess there's some extra work involved to make WAV to GameMaker sound involved, but at the very least it should be possible.

Bart

WiseBart
To add to the answer given by Alice, there's a tutorial in the Tutorials section for audio_create_buffer_sound in case you're using WAV: Playing/Loading an external .WAV file from included files
I also wrote some basic code some time ago in an attempt to properly read a WAV file. It didn't get finished, but it already gets a sound from a file (the most important thing): load_wav
Feel free to use (parts of) it if it can be use :)

Coded Games

To add to the answer given by Alice, there's a tutorial in the Tutorials section for audio_create_buffer_sound in case you're using WAV: Playing/Loading an external .WAV file from included files
I also wrote some basic code some time ago in an attempt to properly read a WAV file. It didn't get finished, but it already gets a sound from a file (the most important thing): load_wav
Feel free to use (parts of) it if it can be use :)
Does that script handle removing the version header?

Bart

WiseBart
I'm not aware of any "version" header but everything that comes before the audio data is indeed removed. Both ways (the tutorial and my script) create a sound from the actual audio data in the WAV's data chunk.