Question - IDE Adding GMS1 buttons in the IDE ?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Gomeisa, May 3, 2018.

1. Gomeisa

Gomeisa Member

To create new sprite/objects/etc in GMS2 I have to right click in the workspace, then hover Ressources, and click Create new xxx.
    Is there a way to display "New Sprite/Object/Room" buttons as they were in the GMS1's toolbar ?

2. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

Why not just right-click on the Resource Tree (on the relevant section: Sprites, Objects, etc) and use the New option from there? I never bother right-clicking the workspace to create anything, I do it all from the Resource Tree.

rIKmAN likes this.
  3. Cloaked Games

Cloaked Games Member

Better yet, though I have not realized until just now when I checked, there are hotkeys for creating new resources. New sprite is Alt-S. (Right click on the folder like BaBiA said to see what the hotkey is).

rIKmAN likes this.
  4. Gomeisa

Gomeisa Member

I know I can right-click on the Ressource Tree but I prefer one click on a button (as in GMS1) to two-clicks on the tree. I wondered if there is a way to get buttons back. I guess I have to learn the hotkeys. Thank you for answering :)

5. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

Themes do support adding custom buttons (see here) but aren't particularly beginner level (are a pile of JSON)

6. Gomeisa

Gomeisa Member

Maybe it's the only way to avoid two clicks. Thanks ;)

Cloaked Games likes this.