• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Add support for group icon?

N0vato

I am working on a large project, and was wondering why there isnt support to add a sprite as an icon to a group (as far as I know). It would make life so much easier tbh

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
While we don't have that, a good way to organize the folders is to separate them by categories, in a very simple way.
Example:

Code:
SPRITES RESOURCES
- GAME
    Characters
        Player
        NPC
    Enemies
        Dinosaur
        Monster
        Skeleton
    Environment
        Backgrounds
        Tilesets
    Particles
    Misc
- UI
    Menu
    Game GUI
    Game Over
    Credits

OBJECTS RESOURCES
- GAME
    Characters
    Enemies
    Effects
    Misc
- UI
    Menu
    GameOver

AUDIO RESOURCES
- MUSIC
    Music1
    Music2
- SFX
    SFX1
    SFX2
    SFX3

N0vato

While we don't have that, a good way to organize the folders is to separate them by categories, in a very simple way.
Example:

Code:
SPRITES RESOURCES
- GAME
    Characters
        Player
        NPC
    Enemies
        Dinosaur
        Monster
        Skeleton
    Environment
        Backgrounds
        Tilesets
    Particles
    Misc
- UI
    Menu
    Game GUI
    Game Over
    Credits

OBJECTS RESOURCES
- GAME
    Characters
    Enemies
    Effects
    Misc
- UI
    Menu
    GameOver

AUDIO RESOURCES
- MUSIC
    Music1
    Music2
- SFX
    SFX1
    SFX2
    SFX3
Yes That is a good represantation of kinda how I do it, but having icons for those cateqories would be very nice

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
It's interesting, but I could (personally) easily mistake myself for a sprite, object, or anything else.
Also, for the icon to remain, it would have to be copied to the cache folder or the project folder.