• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Add/Select Event Button in Object Workspace

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
What I'm suggesting: When you have an object's events open in a separate workspace, it would be really helpful to have a menu to select or add a new event.

What we have: Currently you have to go a separate workspace and open an event from the object's properties, then drag it back to the object workspace. Really inconvenient.

(I have submitted this feature suggestion to YYG)

Example:
upload_2019-6-2_12-48-32.png

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
This suggestion is especially warranted when you have tab-oriented setups like this one published by Mick, where workspaces are directly bypassed.

Like him, I also hate how poorly workspaces operate on any monitor that's smaller than a 4K, and I'm just getting started on APM optimization in GMS 2. This suggestion is a start, but in the long run we should to look more into how to best allow advanced users operate the IDE at higher APMs. "Novice-friendly" interfaces almost never translate into effectiveness for people who know what they're doing.