• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Adaptive icons VS old icons

Maa2007

just today I noticed the new Adaptive icons feature in android options, I know this feature did not exist like two years ago or so because I did export a game back then and I had to create all the icon sizes for the game manually, but this new feature made it very easy to create the icons for the game, you only provide a foreground (logo) and background and gamemaker generate all the icon sizes automatically (even with masks), now this is great but the old icons menu still exist beside the new Adaptive icons menu, why is that? do we need to use the old icons menu still?
or can we leave it alone and just use the new Adaptive icons menu?

I surmise that if you are building for an older version of Android, before adaptive icons were introduced (earlier than API level 26), you will want to have those old icon images in place.