• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Activation Key

D

DrakeSmith

Hello Today i have downloaded the Software GameMaker:Studio 1.4 and when i have clicked the Create Account Button that also says free GameMaker:Studio Key i brings me to the Registration Fourm i have created an account and i have not recived anything on the matter of a key I was hoping that You the creators and users of this software could Help me

From,
DrakeSmith

Where did you download your copy of 1.4 from? The free version is no longer available now that GMS 2 is out of beta. (Since early 2017)

Unless you already had registered an account before this. You can go to your accounts page on yoyogames.com and check your licenses there.

If you buy a GMS 2 license, you get a GMS 1.4 license included with it.

If you still have problems, you should contact the YoYo helpdesk for support. You won't find much help for licensing issues on this technical support forum.

From this web page: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235626968-GM-S-1-X-Sale-To-Be-Discontinued-FAQ

Will the Free version still be available?

When GameMaker Studio 2 leaves Beta, you will no longer be able to register a new free license for GameMaker: Studio Standard. However those people who have registered the Free version with their YoYo Account before this point will be able to continue using it without issues.

D

DrakeSmith

Well i got this version from the update feed on the YoYo website

Where did you download your copy of 1.4 from? The free version is no longer available now that GMS 2 is out of beta. (Since early 2017)

Unless you already had registered an account before this. You can go to your accounts page on yoyogames.com and check your licenses there.

If you buy a GMS 2 license, you get a GMS 1.4 license included with it.

If you still have problems, you should contact the YoYo helpdesk for support. You won't find much help for licensing issues on this technical support forum.

From this web page: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235626968-GM-S-1-X-Sale-To-Be-Discontinued-FAQ
Don't the GM:S 1.4 Pro Edition users get GM:S 2 for free? Because they cost the same and if you buy GM:S 2, you get 1.4 too :S

B

Bulwarkene

Don't the GM:S 1.4 Pro Edition users get GM:S 2 for free? Because they cost the same and if you buy GM:S 2, you get 1.4 too :S
No, you can't even get GM:S 1.4 anymore I think. Only way is to get packaged with a GMS2 license.

Well i got this version from the update feed on the YoYo website
Hmm...didn't think it was available for direct download any more. Go to the Yoyo Games website (www.yoyogames.com), log on to your account if not already logged in, and check your profile to see what licenses you have.

You should be able to download the correct copy of Game Maker for any valid licenses you have already registered.

If you think you have registered a license but it's not appearing on your account, you'll need to contact the Yoyo helpdesk/support, should be a link on their web page

Are you having a laugh? :) You get a discount on GMS 2 if you have the paid version of GMS 1.4. (Not sure if the discount period is still active, I know it was extended but don't remember how long for)

Hmm...didn't think it was available for direct download any more. Go to the Yoyo Games website (www.yoyogames.com), log on to your account if not already logged in, and check your profile to see what licenses you have.

You should be able to download the correct copy of Game Maker for any valid licenses you have already registered.

If you think you have registered a license but it's not appearing on your account, you'll need to contact the Yoyo helpdesk/support, should be a link on their web page

Are you having a laugh? :) You get a discount on GMS 2 if you have the paid version of GMS 1.4. (Not sure if the discount period is still active, I know it was extended but don't remember how long for)
I'm not kidding or anything because upgrading to GM:S 2 is $59.99 and you know GM:S 1.4 was $99 and GM:S 2 $99 too but with GM:S 1.4 too. Am I not right??

D

DrakeSmith

Well if you go to the update logs there is a GameMaker:Studio update log and you can click the version and it downloads

F

Falconsoft-Industries

It costed me $80 Australian for game maker studio 2 standard since I already own game maker studio 1.4 for $99

I'm not kidding or anything because upgrading to GM:S 2 is $59.99 and you know GM:S 1.4 was $99 and GM:S 2 $99 too but with GM:S 1.4 too. Am I not right??
From a certain point of view I guess - If I had never purchased GMS 1.4 previously, and then I bought GMS 2 for $99 (which comes with a free copy of GMS 1.4), you could twist it around and say that someone has technically paid $99 and gotten both GMS1.4 and GMS 2.

You could then say that the money I paid was for GMS1.4 and claim that GMS 2 was free, or vice versa.

Is that what you are meaning?

Because I didn't see any users of GMS1.4 Pro Edition getting a copy for GMS 2 for free. They just get a 40% discount on the purchase price (50% if you had the 1.4 Master Collection)

M

Monsi

I would suggest contacting the help desk, if you did not receive your free license key. Unless you downloaded an old version which had that option and it's no longer supported?

From a certain point of view I guess - If I had never purchased GMS 1.4 previously, and then I bought GMS 2 for $99 (which comes with a free copy of GMS 1.4), you could twist it around and say that someone has technically paid $99 and gotten both GMS1.4 and GMS 2.

You could then say that the money I paid was for GMS1.4 and claim that GMS 2 was free, or vice versa.

Is that what you are meaning?

Because I didn't see any users of GMS1.4 Pro Edition getting a copy for GMS 2 for free. They just get a 40% discount on the purchase price (50% if you had the 1.4 Master Collection)
I bought GM:S 1.4 Pro Edition for $99 and I didn't get GM:S 2. If I knew that GM:S 2 will give GM:S 1.4 Pro Edition for free when bought for $99 I would wait and buy GM:S 2 instead. Because I'll pay the same amount for 2 products instead of one.

B

Basil

No, you can't even get GM:S 1.4 anymore I think. The only way is to get packaged with a GMS2 license.
You can get Gamemaker 1.4, but you will need to buy the new gamemaker studio 2, and from then on you will be able to run any gamemaker studio without a problem.

E

Elianisapotato

You can get 1.4 i have the license but it doesnt have a key 1.4 is free now btw

E

Elianisapotato

h.JPG i got it today
and i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars for gm:s 2