• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Achievements not posting

Erayd

My leaderboard scores post, but my achievements do not. I've checked the parameters to start the post and everything is counting correctly, I'm logging in correctly, I can see the leaderboard scores pop up, however an achievement never posts. Thoughts? The achievement is not incremental, I have my google services id set up as well and its released on a beta channel.

Code:
if(achievement_available()){
    with(obj_GameState){
        if(bronze && !goingForBronze){
            achievement_post("CgkIx-jcz8ADEAIQAA", 100);
            goingForBronze = true;
       }
    }
}

if(obj_GameState.highScore > tempScore && achievement_available()){
    achievement_post_score("CgkIx-jcz8ADEAIQAQ", obj_GameState.highScore);
}

Last edited:

Erayd

Yes I'm sure. I did a debug message test for a simpler achievement checking for first death, it checks for if it is unlocked yet based on what it read initially from an ini file and then sets the achievement and makes sure it doesn't set it again by saving the new info to the file. Doing this makes sure I only open the file at save and load times and nothing in between. The code read the data, I died, the info changed to true, it read the post code and changed the posted flag to true, but never posted the achievement. I apologize for the brackets, I just didn't include them by accident in the post but I'll update it now as they are in my code already or I would have had an error.