• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Achievement_login issues

D

DJ2334

I can't seem to properly log in to google play when using achievement_login. I get the prompt to login at start up, but afterwards it just loads forever and doesn't log me in. Is this a bug or something on my end?

*Persistent Object*

-Create-

global.PlayerName = "Anon";
global.PlayerID = -1;
if (!achievement_login_status()){
achievement_login();
}

-Async - Social-

if ds_map_exists(async_load, "id")
{
switch(async_load[? "id"])
{
case achievement_our_info:
global.PlayerName = async_load[? "name"];
global.PlayerID = async_load[? "playerid"];
show_debug_message("GOOGLE SERVICES: User " + global.PlayerName + " with ID " + string(global.PlayerID) + " has logged in");
break;
}
}

This has been happening since google finalized the google + API, are you using any Game Maker? 1.4?

From what I understand the google service extension of game maker 1.4 is no longer working. I am 2 months with my game stopped because the save cloud does not work any more, like the conquests as well. I'm looking for a solution = /

D

DJ2334

I have solved this and now have functional leaderboards in 2019. Feel free to pm me if anyone reading this has any questions about getting it all set up.

I looked for solutions for the past couple days all over the internet and found a lot of the posts to be outdated and people giving up because they assume google services no longer worked with Game Maker. So I know how frustrating this can be, but it's possible to get it working! (With GMS 2 at least).

rIKmAN

I have solved this and now have functional leaderboards in 2019. Feel free to pm me if anyone reading this has any questions about getting it all set up.

I looked for solutions for the past couple days all over the internet and found a lot of the posts to be outdated and people giving up because they assume google services no longer worked with Game Maker. So I know how frustrating this can be, but it's possible to get it working! (With GMS 2 at least).
Instead of asking people to PM you, if you get a bit of spare time you could write up a quick guide / setup steps and post it on the forum so anyone interested in doing it could benefit and find it with a simple forum search.