Accidental clicks in Admob

7bones

Hi all, my first thread here:)
Accidentally clicked 2 times on my banner in Admob.If will be the consequences of this when I should expect them? My game will be published next week.Im afraid of situation of getting ban for this when (IF;p) game getting popularity(like month from now) .I send email to admob with explanation but so far no response.
Enyone had similiar situation?

curato

I have clicked ads in my games a few time to see if they work or not and the advertising police haven't kicked the door down yet; so, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I

icuurd12b42

You should not show ads while in gameplay. that is you should not pop an ad while the user is interacting with the game. There are some bad ad practices out there where some dev pop ads right where the user would touch a screen button...

Basically your ad should be present before the user starts his interaction

D

Drewster

Hi all, my first thread here:)
Accidentally clicked 2 times on my banner in Admob.If will be the consequences of this when I should expect them? My game will be published next week.Im afraid of situation of getting ban for this when (IF;p) game getting popularity(like month from now) .I send email to admob with explanation but so far no response.
Enyone had similiar situation?
Technically they want you to use test ads if you are testing. The reality is if you click a few times they're not going to hang you, but if there's a lot of fraud click fraud and they think it's coming from you, they'll quickly and happily close your developer account and your admob account both and will send all your correspondence about it to an electronic trashcan where it will be ignored forever.

Genetix

I don't know if you want to make them aware of what happened, that could actually make things worse if they actively look into it. A few accidental clicks shouldn't cause any problems, but don't start doing it intentionally - it won't earn you that much money and it will get you in trouble.

If your games/apps are good enough and you market them well, you should be able to get plenty of users to click for you! (I've done okay - i've got over 5 Million downloads on Google Play with free apps serving ads - it doesn't take much to get banned though if your not careful.)

A

Andy

You will be fine. They will be looking for people exploiting their service with 100s of clicks coming from the same place. A few clicks from you will likely be ignored. Just try to avoid clicking your own ads as much as possible in the future. :)

F

FlashGordy

Technically they want you to use test ads if you are testing. The reality is if you click a few times they're not going to hang you, but if there's a lot of fraud click fraud and they think it's coming from you, they'll quickly and happily close your developer account and your admob account both and will send all your correspondence about it to an electronic trashcan where it will be ignored forever.
On a related problem I'm presently experiencing: I used admob test ads, interstitial and banner during development. The test ads for both work fine. Just before publishing in google play yesterday, I coded in the admob interstitial and banner ad publishing account numbers. I loaded the APK on an Android Tablet before submitting the APK to googleplay; the banner worked fine. The interstitial gave http 403 error code 0. I went ahead and submitted the APK, knowing the test interstitial and test banner works. GooglePlay published overnight. This morning I linked the published App to the Admob account. However, I'm still receiving http 403 :error code:0 for interstitials. Banner works fine.

Anyone has had this experience? I'm hoping since it is still early in the process, Admob may complete the linking and clear the problem. My Admob icon also is still showing the default icon after being linked today.