• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM access violation 5piceide.exe when target is Android

S

Sir Wiggly Games

version 1.4.1804

My game starts up just fine while Windows is the target but when I try setting it to Android/Fire I get:

Access violation at address 009AA5A9 in module '5piceIDE.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

I've already used a small test project to confirm that I can successfully run another game on the phone I have plugged in.

I've read about other people having this issue when missing a sprite after a crash, but not dependent on the build target. I don't see anything that would point me towards a specific asset causing the problem. Is there some way to decipher that from the "address 009AA5A9"?

Any advice is appreciated.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Access violation error addresses are next to useless to an end user, and you can't trace it back to an asset. It's internal to the program, not to the project.

Also, 1.4 is past sunset, and most online links that 1.4.1804 rely on have been taken down. If you aren't upgrading to 2.x, get 1.4.9999 instead.

S

Sir Wiggly Games

Access violation error addresses are next to useless to an end user, and you can't trace it back to an asset. It's internal to the program, not to the project.

Also, 1.4 is past sunset, and most online links that 1.4.1804 rely on have been taken down. If you aren't upgrading to 2.x, get 1.4.9999 instead.
Success! Thank you!

Yeah, I know. I should have tried updating to 9999 before. Dunno why it didn't occur to me. I'm downloaded it and eventually got there. Oddly enough it gave me a different error, again only when setting the target to Android, not Windows. "Package name parts must start with a letter." Cool that's progress, so I just had a field blank in some settings. After fixing that it gave me a third error that was fixed just by saving and restarting.

I'm still on the fence about moving to 2.x for my next project or just going back to Unity. I've put off upgrading to 2.x just because having to re-buy export modules for it feels like getting robbed. I don't really mind shelling out the price of the base product because of all the little improvements, but charging people another $400 for a module they had a "permanent" licence for is just too much. I probably wouldn't have given them my money in the first place if I knew to expect that.