• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

absolute noob needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitzi

hey, i just downloaded and tried out gamemaker yesterday but im already facing an annoying problem. I created an [create event] but in contrast to the tutorials im watching there are no "lines" where i can input the variables i need. what do i have to do?

Attachments

samspade

hey, i just downloaded and tried out gamemaker yesterday but im already facing an annoying problem. I created an [create event] but in contrast to the tutorials im watching there are no "lines" where i can input the variables i need. what do i have to do?
I do not fully understand the image you posted. Do you mean that you literally cannot type in the create event? Did you choose drag and drop over GML?

chamaeleon

If by "no lines where you can input the variables you need" you mean type code, start over and select a GameMaker Language project instead of Drag and Drop.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Why are you using 2.2.1.375? That version is ancient and is usually only used by people that are using a non-legitimate version of the product. As such I'm going to have to close the topic and ban your account and request that you contact the YoYo Games helpdesk with your licence details to be permitted to post on the forums again. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we don't offer support to people unless they are using a legitimate version of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.