Asset - Project Above 3D - Multidimensional Visualization (free)

Dragon47

Above 3D is a multidimensional visualizer for the curious and math interested people. Inside the program you can choose how many dimensions you want to see, and whether you want perspective and fog enabled. You can interact and affect what's visualized by rotating the shapes in every dimension. It all works by orthogonally projecting the dimensions onto a single plane (the computer screen), much like how 3D objects in real life are projected onto your "2D eye lens".

The program will create hypercubes for the current number of dimensions you're looking at. Squares for 2D, cubes for 3D, tesseracts for 4D, penteracts for 5D and so on. If you understand the source code, you should be able to make other shapes as well. Everything is commented, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

When it comes to games, the program can be used for puzzles or educational games, or perhaps as a rare magic object in some fantasy sci-fi game.

Marketplace link: https://marketplace....s/1821/above-3d

Video and screenshots from the marketplace:

T

ThunkGames

I'm not sure when I'd ever need to use this, but its nice to know this is here.

Edit:
Actually I did a project on 4D games for school a few years ago in which I took a stab at prototyping something like Miegakure, so could have used this then.

Zerb Games

I have a video preview and it's free so you can download and compile the demo quite easily if you want to.
Well that would be nice. I already got this a while ago, but kinda wanted to download it on my new PC as an exe.

So yeah, do it.

Dragon47

Well that would be nice. I already got this a while ago, but kinda wanted to download it on my new PC as an exe.

So yeah, do it.
I meant that it's quite easy to download the asset and compile the demo on your computer. I have a lot of assets to maintain, and I don't want to put work into elements like this at the moment. Thank you for showing interest in the asset though.