• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM about the QR code

T

Tommy SA

I have a question whether I can use the QR code to switch or enter the room in GMS.If it can,how can I generate QRCode in GameMaker Studio or have other solution to do this?

J

jackhigh24

do you mean so that you could have a game thats out and when you want you can issue a qr code on your website or a business card or something like that and then in game someone can just scan the code and open something new, then that would be quite hard as i dont think game maker lets you have access to the camera, plus you would have to write your own code reader to beak it up into something you can use like a dot patern or something, so it wont be easy but is something that can be done with an ext of coarse for the camera and a load of pre set paterns for what ever qr codes you will be going to use ever or drop more in an update later on, but as for game maker having it built in your out of luck.