About the logo

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by 06mca06, Nov 17, 2018.

1. 06mca06

06mca06 Member

I want to use the main character of my game as game's logo. Is there any way to export a sprite to computer's images folder or anywhere like that? Thanks.

2. Anthony@DiversionKit

Anthony@DiversionKit Member

In 1.4 (only have this one) there are two places where you can find the sprites of your game
    • in the project folder: documents/gamemaker/projects/name_of_the_project/sprites/images
    • and in the sprite editing tool there's something in the toolbar like: file/save as PNG

3. Lucia

Lucia Member

what GM version are you using?

4. 06mca06

06mca06 Member

5. dannyjenn

dannyjenn Member

There's probably some way of doing it through GameMaker, but if not, you could always just find it in the project folder. In the project folder there is a folder called sprites, and in the sprites folder there is one folder for each sprite, and in that folder is the sprite as a PNG file. (Be sure you copy the file rather than move it... otherwise you'll corrupt the sprite and/or project, I think.)

6. Yal

Yal Member GMC Elder

Yeah, it's a bit annoying how there's no easy way to export sprites in GMS2... makes the editor a lot less useful as a general-purpose graphics editor.

There's two easy ways to get it, though:
    • Open the project folder and look in the "sprites" subfolder
    • Open the sprite, hit Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C, open an external editor like GIMP or MSPaint, hit Ctrl+V. This will copy the sprite. Now save it wherever you want.